All the factsheets listed are available free of charge (a donation to help administration costs is always appreciated) from the Society, and many can be downloaded here.
Mainly for members
- Society brochure – available from the administration office
- 1. Overview of Behçet’s Syndrome
- 2. A Patient’s Guide by Patients
- 3. Behçet’s Scientific Guide
- 4. Treatment of Behçet’s Disease
- 5. Behçet’s Syndrome and the Eye
- 6. Behçet’s guide for Neurology
- 7. Behçet’s guide for the Skin
- 8. Behçet’s Disease and Blood Vessels
- 9. Behçet’s guide for Intestines
- 10. Behçet’s guide for the Heart
- 11. Behçet’s guide for the Kidneys
- 12. Behçet’s Syndrome and Pregnancy
- 13. Behçet’s Disease in Children
- 14. Behçet’s guide for Oral ulcers
For health professionals
- Diagnostic guidelines (under review – update to come)
For benefits applications
All these factsheets are available free of charge from the Society. The Arthritis Research Campaign (arc) leaflet is also available at www.arc.org.uk.
- What is Behcet’s disease? Behcet’s syndrome (now known as Behcet’s disease) is a chronic condition resulting from disturbances in the body’s immune system.
- How is Behcet’s disease diagnosed? There is no test for Behcet’s disease at the moment. It is diagnosed by specific patterns of symptoms and repeated outbreaks of them.
- Similar disorders There are several disorders that have patterns of symptoms that overlap with those of Behcet’s disease. In the absence of a test to confirm Behcet’s, this can make diagnosis quite difficult.
- Medical review article
- Headache in Behcet’s disease Headache is one of the most continual and troublesome symptoms in Behcet’s disease. Some patients are lucky and hardly ever get headaches; others have daily chronic severe throbbing headaches that are very disabling.